French Metro Antiques ships worldwide. For a shipping quote, contact us with your zip code along with the reference number(s) of the item(s) you are interested in. Packing and shipping are at the client's expense.
Local deliveries within a 35 mile radius of our shop on Dickson Street in Fayetteville, Arkansas, are free of charge. This includes Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers, Bentonville, and Bella Vista.
Shipping of Larger Items
For long-distance deliveries, we arrange shipping by professionals who will pick up, pack, fully insure, and ship your purchases. Our relationship with several trusted shipping companies allows us to choose the most economical means of delivery while still ensuring safe arrival of our clients’ purchases. We are happy to obtain a shipping quote and to arrange for the pick-up of a purchase. Payment for shipping is made directly to the shipping company by the client.
- As soon as French Metro Antiques has received payment for your purchase, we will schedule a pickup by our local Craters and Freighters.
- Once picked up, your item(s) are taken to the Craters and Freighters packaging facility, where they build a custom crate made from some combination of wood, cardboard, and/or Styrofoam.
- Craters and Freighters will contact you directly by phone during the packing process (usually within five days of pickup) in order to obtain your delivery address and payment information for the packing and shipping of your item(s). Failed attempts to contact you may result in delayed delivery of your order. All shipping charges are paid directly to Craters and Freighters by the client.
- In most cases, you will be contacted to schedule a window of time for delivery that is convenient for you. You can expect delivery of your items within 14 days of pickup as long as Craters and Freighters is able to contact you to make payment arrangements. Door-to-door delivery includes leaving your crated item(s) outside your home in the driveway, at the front door, at the reception area of your condominium or apartment building, or at a similar location.
- White glove delivery service, which includes inside delivery, assembly and placement in your room of choice, and removal of all packing materials, is available for an additional charge. Contact us to obtain a quote for white glove service.
- If you notice damage to the crate or carton upon receipt, please make a note on the bill of lading, which the driver will have you sign upon delivery. If there is any damage to your order itself, you must contact Craters and Freighters (877-887-9600) or French Metro Antiques (479-587-0804) within 10 days of receipt. Please retain all packing materials. You also may be required to provide digital photos of any damage to your item(s). All item(s) are insured for the purchase price plus freight costs.
- If you are dissatisfied with your purchase, read our return policy to learn how to return your item(s) for a full refund.
Shipping of Smaller Items
We engage the services of UPS and the U.S. Postal Service for shipping of smaller Items. These orders ship via standard ground service, include full insurance, and generally arrive within 3-7 business days from the ship date. Expedited shipping is available upon request.
Whenever possible, we will pack your item(s) ourselves at no charge to help you save on packing costs. If we are unable to provide a suitable box or if we feel your items are too fragile to pack ourselves, we will arrange for professional packing of your item(s) by the Local UPS Store (packing charges apply). All shipping and packing costs incurred at UPS will be charged directly to your credit card by our local UPS Store, UPS shipping center, or by www.ups.com. All shipping costs incurred at USPS will be charged directly to your credit card by French Metro Antiques.
If your package is lost or your items are damaged, please file a claim on the UPS website. Or you may contact UPS (800-PICK-UPS) or French Metro Antiques (479-587-0804) for assistance with filing a claim. All items are insured for the purchase price. French Metro Antiques will supply all necessary documentation to help support the actual repair or replacement cost of the merchandise, up to the declared value.
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase, read our return policy
to learn how to return your item(s) for a full refund.